The Clayton County Democrats, The Clayton County Energy District and The Clayton County Conservation Awareness Network are enthusiastic about hosting
Iowa State Senator and Minority Leader Rob Hogg
on February 2nd at 7pm at Johnson’s Restaurant in Elkader.
Johnson’s pie, coffee and tea will be served. We will hear Sen. Hogg’s optimistic vision and strategy for the upcoming legislative session. We have asked Senator Hogg to speak about and hear our thoughts and concerns regarding the following issues:
• reflections on the past election and strategies for electing progressive candidates in the future
• Iowa water quality issues
• locally grown efforts
• CAFO regulations
• funding the Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Trust fund
• frac sand mining in Clayton County and destruction of Mississippi river bluff
• privatization of Medicaid and insufficient Mental Health program funding
• local, clean energy solutions
• school funding
This is an opportunity for us to meet with a clear minded leader to voice our concern, to realize there is hope, and to strategize ways for being the change we want to see. Please feel free to contact me regarding this event. Be sure to spread the word and recruit attendees!